Pit Bull Suffocates Inside Potato Chip Bag - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Pit Bull Suffocates Inside Potato Chip Bag

Posted: Updated:

Diane Elwood is grieving over the loss of her 4-year old Pit Bull Lucy.

"She's not in the window and she's not at the door when you come in," says Diane who feels heartbroken and has a lot of guilt.

Lucy died a bizarre death.

"When we walked in the house there was a couple of things laying on the floor. My son  started teasing saying oh Lucy, you're in trouble."

Little did they know, while the family was gone, Lucy was fighting for her life. Diane says  a potato chip bag Lucy fetched out of the trash can had sucked the life out of her.

"The bag was over her head, she could not get the bag off her head, she was already gone but we did do CPR," Diane said.  That was July 14th. Since then, Diane has been trying to get the word out by passing out fliers warning about what happened to her precious pup. She also wrote Frito Lay, the makers of SunChips, the bag Lucy got into, hoping they would help.

"I don't blame the companies but I think a warning needs to be put on the bags because there is a lot of this happening," says Diane who also has life saving advice for pet owners.

"This simple solution to this whole situation is to tear off the bottom of the bag before you throw it away."

A spokesperson for Frito Lay tells Fox 29 the company is empathetic to the loss of any pet, but that incidents like this are unusual although not isolated. The company also sent Diane a letter expressing sympathy.

Powered by WorldNow

WTXF-TV
330 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2796

Phone: (215) 925-2929
Fax: (215) 982-5494

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices