Upper Merion Township Police say a 90-year-old woman died Tuesday in her home and two others were evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were discovered.
According to police, officers found the woman dead in her home on the 600 block of Charlestown Drive in the Swedeland section of Upper Merion Township.
Emergency responders say they were alerted to high levels of carbon monoxide in the house by monitoring equipment they carried inside.
Police say a preliminary investigation shows a portable gas powered generator was in use in the garage since the power had gone out hours earlier.
Police say the homeowners slept on the third floor while the victim slept on the first floor in a hospital bed.
Investigators have not yet released the names of the residents.
It was a soupy start today. We can expect many clouds, some sun, lots of humidity, and a chance of pop up showers any time. At least it'll be warmer: High around 80-degrees today.
The weather remains unsettled through most of the work week. Warm temps stick around, too. And we do mean stick...because it'll be humid, too.
By Thursday a cold front moves by bringing more rain. It will also bring drier and cooler weather by Friday as we finally clear out.