1 Dead After High Levels Of CO Found In Pa. Home - FOX 29 News Philadelphia | WTXF-TV

1 Dead After High Levels Of CO Found In Upper Merion Township Home

Posted: Updated:
UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. -

Upper Merion Township Police say a 90-year-old woman died Tuesday in her home and two others were evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were discovered.

According to police, officers found the woman dead in her home on the 600 block of Charlestown Drive in the Swedeland section of Upper Merion Township.

Emergency responders say they were alerted to high levels of carbon monoxide in the house by monitoring equipment they carried inside.

Police say a preliminary investigation shows a portable gas powered generator was in use in the garage since the power had gone out hours earlier.

Police say the homeowners slept on the third floor while the victim slept on the first floor in a  hospital bed.

Investigators have not yet released the names of the residents.

Powered by WorldNow

WTXF-TV
330 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2796

Phone: (215) 925-2929
Fax: (215) 982-5494

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices