Farmington Hills woman finds son dead from morphine overdose - FOX 29 News Philadelphia | WTXF-TV

Farmington Hills woman finds son dead from morphine overdose

Posted: Updated:
Neil Lilly Neil Lilly
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (WJBK) -

Another mother has lost her child to drugs.  Christine Frederick found her son, 20-year-old Neil Lilly, dead in his bed Monday morning from a morphine overdose.

"I was not prepared.  I just got my life together, you know.  I graduated from high school.  I was in college, and then Neil started going downhill real fast," she said.

You might recognize Frederick as the Farmington Hills woman who had taken in Tucker Cipriano prior to the young man's alleged attack on his family.

Frederick, who grew up in dozens of foster care homes, prides herself on taking in wayward youth.  She herself gave up her own children several years ago.  She blames a brain tumor that sent her life spiraling out of control.  She had surgery and only recently started to get her own life together, only recently reconnected with her son, Neil, and got him into counseling.  There was so much pain in his young life and now he's gone.

"Let go of the past and let's get on with our future, you know, and I guess he did," she said.

Frederick herself is no stranger to drugs.  As recently as April she was arrested for growing marijuana, which her attorney says is for medical purposes related to her brain tumor.  She says she's a staunch opponent of drug use witnessing firsthand how it destroys lives.

"I ask myself what could I have done.  I should have known," she said.

Now she's trying to find the money for a funeral and hoping Neil's teenage sister is able to find out what happened to her brother so she, too, can mourn for a life gone too soon.

Donations for Neil's funeral can be made to the Neil Ryan Lilly Memorial Fund at Credit Union One.

Relatives of Neil are asked to please contact attorney Steven Schwartz at stevenschwartzatty@gmail.com.

• Amy LangeMore from Amy LangeMore>>

Family's home hit hard by storms for second time

Wednesday, August 27 2014 8:51 PM EDT2014-08-28 00:51:07 GMT
    For Ericka Page, first came the flood, then the gas line break and Tuesday, the massive tree limb that broke off with part of it landing on her house.

Police investigate connection of Southfield suicide and Detroit homicide

Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:26 PM EDT2014-08-27 22:26:24 GMT
    Police have identified a man's body with a gunshot wound to the chest found under an overpass at 9 Mile and Southfield Tuesday afternoon.At about the time Michael Young, 56, was found, Detroit Police were called to his home - on Westmoreland for a welfare check."The Woman had not been seen since Saturday," said Detroit Police Officer Adam Madera. "We received a 911 call for the well being check and Southfield Police Department showed up all at the same time."Inside police found the body of 56...

FEMA tours flood ravaged areas in metro Detroit

Tuesday, August 26 2014 6:30 PM EDT2014-08-26 22:30:35 GMT
    Gretchen Domino's home in Warren is a hazard - the basement completely washed out and covered in mold. Signs in her front yard shout her frustration - where is the help?"This is insane, you promise me this, you promise me that," she said.
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

Fatal Arizona gun range accident with child raises local questions

Wednesday, August 27 2014 10:53 PM EDT2014-08-28 02:53:29 GMT
    A 9-year-old girl accidentally killed a gun range instructor recently, captured on video and sparking national and local debate.

Two shot at Eastland Center mall

Wednesday, August 27 2014 10:21 PM EDT2014-08-28 02:21:03 GMT
    Police responded to a shooting of a man and woman at Eastland Center Mall, 18000 Vernier Road Wednesday.

Deadly crash on I-275 as car hits semi truck

Wednesday, August 27 2014 10:13 PM EDT2014-08-28 02:13:49 GMT
    A driver on the wrong side of the highway on I-275 slammed into a semi truck in Monroe County Wednesday night.
Powered by WorldNow

WTXF-TV
330 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2796

Phone: (215) 925-2929
Fax: (215) 982-5494

Didn't find what you were looking for?
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices