Ask Tony & Tucker: static electricity - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Ask Tony & Tucker: static electricity

Posted: Updated:

Our Ask Tony and Tucker question comes from Nikki in McLean, Virginia. Nikki writes, "I have noticed this winter I have been getting shocked by static electricity more often when I touch a door handle, light switch, etc. Last week when I turned on the light switch in my house, I got shocked throughout my fingers and up my arm, I felt tingly for over an hour, it really scared me. Is it possible to have more static electricity in your body in the colder months than the warmer months? How can you avoid getting shocked so much?"

  • Ask Tony & Tucker: static electricityMore>>

  • Ask Tony and Tucker

    Ask Tony and Tucker

    From the archives!  Take a look back at your favorite 'Ask Tony & Tucker' segments.  They never get old!
    From the archives!  Take a look back at your favorite 'Ask Tony & Tucker' segments.  They never get old!
Powered by WorldNow

WTXF-TV
330 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2796

Phone: (215) 925-2929
Fax: (215) 982-5494

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices