The fire department descended on Sky Harbor Sunday morning after reports of a possible car fire in one of the parking structures, but it turned out that a grease fire broke out at a popular restaurant in Terminal 4.
Jaden Collins and his dad, Ron, had just landed at Sky Harbor from San Francisco when the alarm sounded.
"We just got here and little guy was hungry. We were both hungry and wanted to go into the restaurant and eat we sat down hang out for a while," said Ron Collins. "He preferred chicken nuggets, as soon as we left that's when everything erupted."
"Well first of all, I thought it was like hot dogs burning and then all of the sudden I just saw four fighters coming here so I followed them and I see them right in the kitchen," said Jaden Collins.
Phoenix Fire got the call around 10:30 a.m. about reports of heavy smoke billowing from the roof. What they found was a grease fire inside Chelsea's Kitchen.
"According to employees working in the kitchen, they saw some flames coming up from the top of the hood near the filter system, one of the cooks took a dry fire extinguisher and shot it up into the hood system," said Capt. Tony Mure, with Phoenix Fire Department.
Mure says about 40 people from Chelsea's Kitchen and the restaurant next door were evacuated.
No one was hurt, just a little excitement in Terminal 4.
"First thing you think of the alarm is going off, you think something is really wrong. I'll take something like this over what could have been a lot worse, if you think about when the alarms go off at the airport," said Ron Collins.
Phoenix Fire says the hood will have to be repaired and inspected before the restaurant reopens and that could take days.