Write queries, retrieve data and generate reports from the ERP and other software systems at the request of end-users. Ensure the efficient operation of vital system processes while working to improve data integrity and system security. Resolve system problems in coordination with the IT Department.
1. Write queries, retrieve data, and generate reports from the ERP and other software systems, often at the request of end-users.
2. Assist in the installation and testing of software and upgrades in conjunction with the IT Department.
3. Provide software training to end-users.
4. Recommend software solutions designed to increase operational efficiency, data integrity, and system security.
5. Serve as the backup for employees within department who perform vital College functions.
1. Lead project teams, including the development of rollout and training plans.
2. Work with software vendors and consultants in the selection and use of software applications.
3. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
Physical Demands: Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Visual Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
Work Environment: Moderate noise.
Environmental Conditions: Typical office or administrative conditions (i.e. not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions).
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Three years' related experience.
3. Advanced knowledge of Excel.
4. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to learn new software applications with minimal training.
Please apply through our website: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51447