A black bear walks into a house, lured by Chinese stir-fry. This sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, but it happened to David Edwards in Ketchum, Idaho.
Edwards told the Idaho Mountain Express that he awoke at 3 a.m. to his dog barking. He went into the kitchen and saw a giant bear on its hind legs, licking the cast-iron pan that was used to cook Chinese stir fry.
After recovering from his shock, Edwards got his wife away from the kitchen area. She was asleep on a couch, and he had to make sure she didn't panic. After successfully getting his wife into the bedroom, Edwards crept back into the kitchen to check on the status of the bear. The bear was gone by then, leaving behind a clean pan.
Edwards credits his dog's barking for scaring the bear off and awakening him before the bear got any further in the house.