Fire damages Delaware home; cause accidental - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Fire damages Delaware home; cause accidental

Posted: Updated:

BEAR, Del. (AP) - Delaware fire officials say they've determined that a house fire in Bear was accidental.

Officials say the blaze broke out Tuesday night in the ceiling of the home's basement. An electrical malfunction caused the fire to burn into the first floor.

No one was injured. The American Red Cross will be assisting a family of two adults and two children.

The fire marshal's office says the fire caused about $25,000 in damage.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

WTXF-TV
330 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2796

Phone: (215) 925-2929
Fax: (215) 982-5494

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices