A young Hawaiian girl is dead after suffering massive brain damage after undergoing a dental procedure last month.
Three-year old Finley Boyle died Friday night after falling into a coma nearly a month earlier.
Her mother, Ashley Boyle, has since filed a lawsuit against Island Dentistry, alleging negligence and dangerous conduct in sedating the child.
The plaintiffs say the child was given high doses of Demerol, hydroxyzine and chloral hydrate, as well as nitrous oxide.
According to the lawsuit, on December 3, Boyle took Finley to Island Dentistry to get four root canals done.
A technician gave Finley five different drugs and she then went into cardiac arrest, her mother says nobody was even there to administer CPR.
"Had it been initiated at the correct time she'd be walking out of the hospital right now," Boyle said.
Boyle's attorney says records show Finley wasn't monitored while she was sedated.
Instead of checking her oxygen levels every five minutes, it wasn't done for 26 minutes which is why the brain damage was so severe.
Island Dentistry in Kailua, HI is now closed permanently. The business's telephone line has been disconnected. The dentist's office has yet to comment on the incident.
After a TRACE of April snow in Philadelphia Wednesday morning, the return of winter is making an unwanted return for most.
Freeze warnings posted for Wednesday night into Thursday AM. Protect sensitive plants!
Expect a slow warm up over the next couple of days.
Thursday High: 54
Friday High: 56
Saturday High: 63
Sunday High: 64